Although we are conducting in-person sessions, in order to manage numbers in our building we are continuing to encourage all clinicians and clients to conduct telephone or video sessions where possible. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to call us. If you feel that an in-person session in necessary for you or your family you may be asked to discuss this with your counsellor.
As per guidelines from the British Columbia Centre for Disease Control we are asking that any clients with any illness symptoms (fever, cough, fatigue, and/or muscle aches) to stay home, to practice safe social distancing and to not attend appointments. We will be asking anyone arriving with these symptoms to return home.
We are also asking that anyone who has recently travelled out of the country to respect the requirements to self isolate for 14 days and to not attend any appointments during the reccommended period of self isolation.
If you have an appointment and are sick or are required to self isolate , please call our office at 250-338-2700 to inform our staff and cancel your appointment. We will not be charging our late cancellation fee for any appointments cancelled because of these reasons.
Appointments that are not cancelled may still be subject to the fee.
We will offer alternative delivery (telephone and video counselling) for clients who are experiencing symptoms or self isolating and would still like to meet with their counsellor.
Consent for In-Person Counselling
By attending an in-person session, you are assuming the risk of exposure to the Corona Virus. It is important to us that we minimize that risk for you and for us.
At any point, if we feel that the risk cannot be managed, we will not proceed with in-person appointments and can revert to phone or video sessions. This document outlines the safeguards that we will be taking and those that you agree to in order to attend in person.
• We will continue to practice social distancing during in-person appointments.
• We have soap dispensers and sanitizer available in every room.
• Touched surfaces will be sanitized between appointments (this includes pens, clipboards, handles, debit machine etc.)
• We will be booking extra time between sessions to allow for cleaning.
• Common areas of the building are cleaned at least twice a day.
• We will post our safety protocols on the front door and in every room.
• We will continue to practice social distancing and frequent handwashing outside of work times, so we remain healthy.
• We will not come to work if we are feeling unwell and if any one of us contracts the Corona Virus, all in-person appointments will be halted for a period of 2 weeks.
• You will only attend an in-person appointment if you are symptom free, and have not been in contact with a sick person or traveled from another province in the last two weeks.
• Arrive at the time for your appointment. As our waiting room is not available, you will be waiting outside until the time for your appointment.
• Sanitize your hands as soon as you enter our building (sanitizer will be available for you here).
• Please minimize your exposure to Corona Virus by practicing social distancing and frequent hand washing in your daily life.
• Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others while in the building, parking lot, and ramp.
• Masks may be required, and you would need to supply your own.
• You understand that in the event of an exposure at our office we may be required to share your name with Public Health authorities for contact tracing purposes.
COVID-19 Safety Plan For In-Person Counselling
We are doing our part to provide the service you need and to keep you safe,
Here is a list of ways you can help
• Please continue to book zoom or phone appointments if possible.
• Outdoor appointments are available provided privacy and distancing can be maintained
• If you have an in-person appointment, please don’t attend if you are sick, if you have come in contact with a person who is sick, or if you have travelled outside of the country. Your appointment may still proceed by phone or video if possible.
• Please arrive at the time for your appointment and wait in your car or outside until the time for your appointment. If you have a cell phone, we can call you when it is time to enter the building.
• Read, sign, and return the Informed Consent for In-Person Counselling Form.
• Please practice social distancing as you enter or leave the building
• We would prefer to charge a credit card on file for payments.
if that is not possible, we can process debit and credit card payments at the front desk.
Cheques will be accepted.
We prefer not to accept cash, but if that is necessary, we will require exact payment as change cannot be provided.
• While in our building, please touch as few surfaces or items as possible and avoid touching your face.
• Unfortunately, we currently are not able to offer tea or water, please feel free to bring your own drink.
• Please sanitize your hands as soon as you enter the building